SPORTS PREMIUM 2015 - 2016
In 2015/16 we received £10,376 to spend on sport at Dale.
HOW WE ARE USING OUR FUNDING:
- Participation in after-school clubs - We provide at least one club after school and before school.
On certain nights children have the opportunity to experience new and fun activities and games (ranging from year 1 to year 6). Clubs are open to all and adapted to suit all children’s needs.
Participation from all is supported and welcomed from the Sports Team.
- This year Dale has participated in excess of over EIGHTY SPORTING ACTIVITIES
These have included City festivals, county and regional competitions. Also school to school friendly sporting events and this year school games event held at Trent College.
- Our COMMITMENT TO SPORT is reflected in our achievements, this year they are:
Cricket County Champions
Table Tennis County Champions
Individual Table Tennis County Champion
Tri-Golf City Champions
Tag Rugby County Qualifiers
City-Runners-up in Rounder
City-Runners-up in Basketball
Netball League (joint) Champions
KS1 Football Champions and Runners-up
Mini red Tennis City Runners-up
Mini Tennis City Champions
The impact of additional funding on improving the quality and breadth of
PE and sport provision:
- Foot-golf (invited to the grand opening of foot-golf at Markeaton Park).
- Boocia, Curling and ice skating.
- Represented Derby West in Derby schools games held at Trent College.
- Tri Golf and Mini Red Tennis.
- We offer a ‘FUN AND FITNESS CLUB’ - a chance for children to take part in sporting activities every holiday.
Qualifications for Staff:
- Level 5 Professional qualification in 'Primary School Physical Education and Subject Leadership'.
- Level 3 Professional qualification in 'Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education'.