SPORTS PREMIUM 2014 - 2015
In 2014/15 we received £10,072 to spend on sport at Dale.
HOW WE ARE USING OUR FUNDING:
- Employing specialist qualified coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE.
- Providing cover staff and training for NQT staff in school.
- Procuring quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport.
- Paying staff or external sports coaches to run competitions, or to increase pupils’ participation in national school games competitions.
- Quality assuring the work of sports coaches and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons and after-school sports clubs.
- Buying in to existing local sports networks such as school sport partnerships or community sports coaching initiatives.
- Providing places for pupils in after-school sport clubs and holiday courses l engaging the least active pupils in after-school activities.
- Employing our own coaches to provide weekly after-school sport on the school site and school holidays.
- Forging links with PE teachers in local secondary schools to help primary staff improve their PE and sport provision.
- Establishing strong, sustainable partnerships with local community sports clubs where no links have been made in the past.
- Paying for transport and access to indoor leisure facilities for weekly PE lessons l introducing initiatives such as physical literacy in Foundation Stage and play leaders in Key Stage 2.
- Providing pupils who are gifted and talented in sport with expert, intensive coaching and support.
The impact of additional funding on improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision:
- Participation in after-school clubs.
- Increased participation of boys/girls SEND etc.
- Competition results.
- New competitions.
- Participation in national school games.
- Holiday courses.
- Individual successes regional and national competitions.